Discussion Forum Terms of Service
This page contains the Association’s Discussion Forum Terms of Service.
Agreement to terms
Access to the Discussion Forum
In consideration of your use of the Discussion Forum, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Membership Application Form and Member Profile online form; and
- maintain and promptly update your personal data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information is untrue, inaccurate not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your membership
- give your proper name (i.e. first name and last name).
Content posted to the Discussion Forum
You understand that all data, text, messages or other materials (“content”) that are posted are the sole responsibility of the person from which the content originated. This means that you, and not Brickish, are solely responsible for all content that you post via the Discussion Forum or upload to the web site. The views posted by others do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Brickish . Brickish does not control the content posted via the Discussion Forum and therefore does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of the content.
Under no circumstances will Brickish be liable in any way for content, including (without limitation) any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content including reliance on its accuracy or completeness. You also understand that by using our Discussion Forum and our site, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
You agree that you will not use the Discussion Forum or any part of our site to:
- upload or post any content that is unlawful, harmful, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- upload or post any content that is repetitive or irrelevant to the LEGO® community or Brickish Members.
- harm minors in any way
- breach any applicable law or regulation
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, database right or other similar right of any party;
- impersonate any person or identity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content
- harass another
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- upload or post any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- upload or post any content that infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party;
- upload or post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, or any other form of solicitation, including (but not limited to) requests for personal, charity or commercial sponsorship;
- upload or post any content that contain computer viruses or any other computer code, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- violate any applicable national or international laws or regulations
Without prejudice, Brickish reserves the right to block or remove any material that offends these principles.
Right to erase messages, suspend access and/or impose sanctions
On being made aware of such breaches, Brickish may ban, delete or prohibit any content that relates to those breaches or that we judge harmful to individuals or to the rights of Brickish, or any of our affiliates;
We reserve the right to take whatever action we deem necessary to prevent such breaches including the following:
- breaches we deem minor may simply result in receipt of a warning from the Committee or
- breaches we deem serious may result in your automatic ban from the website and the Association generally.
All incidents will be logged and the Committee decision is final in all cases.
Any breaches may also lead to us reporting your activities to your Internet Service Provider and any relevant authorities, or to legal action being taken against you, or both.
You agree to indemnify and hold Brickish (and any affiliates, officers, or partners) harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage, including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities including reasonable legal costs arising from any third party claim in relation to any content you upload or post through the Discussion Forum or the site, your use of the Discussion Forum and our site, or your breach of the provisions of these Terms.
General practice regarding posting messages
Spell-check; refrain from chat-speak; use the shift key (capitalise). Please be courteous and make an effort to use proper punctuation, capitalisation, spelling and grammar. Since this isn’t a real-time, teen chat room, you have the time to check for errors as well as the ability to preview/edit a message before it is posted. Using good writing habits is courteous and projects a more credible professional image to other members.
General practice regarding use and storage
You acknowledge that Brickish may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Discussion Forum service, including without limitation the maximum length of time that postings or other uploaded content will be retained or archived within this Discussion Forum, the maximum size of any message that may be posted on the Discussion Forum and the maximum disk space that will be available to all members for messages and/or file storage.
Suspension or modification of the Discussion Forum
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend or discontinue the Discussion Forum (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Brickish accepts no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system whilst linked to this website.
This policy was last reviewed in October 2019.